Saturday, January 08, 2011

Hello 2011!

I can't believe it has been so long since my last blog post here. So so sorry - excuses, excuses, blah blah blah. My goal for 2011 is to get back into posting about my projects. Things are so busy around here with a toddler that just getting time to sew has been tough enough. Actually blogging about the projects too would have been a miracle.

Here is my first quilt for 2011. I have FIVE babies coming in the next few months so I figured the lull after the holidays would be a perfect time to get a jump start on making some presents. The new line of Dr. Seuss prints are so freakin' cute that I had to add them to my stash. Luckily, so many of my friends decided to have babies so I was never at a loss for what to do with the fabric.

Since the prints are pretty busy, I decided to keep my piecing simple. I also kept the back simple too. Everyone's eyes are going to need a break from those wild prints.

I had fun with the quilting and used Guetterman's painted yellow thread. The change in colors adds a little fun to the quilting, especially on the back side.

I can't wait to get this one in the mail and off to the soon-to-be-new parents.

No comments: