Monday, February 18, 2008

Sneak Peak

When the OLDM (original lunden designs model) saw The Quilt For A Big Girl, she made it pretty clear that if Charlie didn't want it, she would take it, no problem. As a gesture of appreciation, I figured the OLDM should get her own quilt and not embarrass herself fighting a three year-old. So we picked out the fabric together at Purl Soho on a cold winter's day and magic happened. Just take a look at the fabric and you will see for yourself.

As for design inspiration, I came across a picture of Provence tiles and was immediately smitten. I loved the idea of recreating tiles in the quilt blocks. There were some skeptics (Mom) but I held fast to my vision and it is coming together better than I could ever imagine. So, without further ado, here are some pictures.

No comments: