Friday, January 02, 2009

Finished Scrap Quilt

I started this quilt several months ago and I finally finished it the week before Christmas. This is one of few times where I started a quilt and didn't finish it right away. My scrap bag was over flowing and making a scrap quilt seemed like a great idea. I started by cutting the scraps into two incch pieces of various lengths and then sewed them into long strips. Once I had nine strips, I sewed them together and cut them into twelve inch blocks. The sashing came from my stash, along with the batting and the yellow binding so the only thing I had to buy for this project was the white muslin backing.

Here it is partially quilted and waiting for the binding.

And here it is finished and waiting for a nice afternoon nap.




3 comments:

jenny said...

I really like the look of this - a great design.

jacquie said...

love this! i have so many boxes of scraps. this would be so great to use those up!!

Rebekah said...

eek! This is amazing! The yellow looks so great with all of your scraps! Beautiful job!