Sunday, December 13, 2009


I have been on the lookout for matching nightstands for our bedroom since we moved to our new place. They were pretty low on the priority list for a while but they finally worked their way up to the top of my list.

I found these at my local Salvation Army. I probably paid too much for them, but they were in great shape, had a versatile style and could be dolled up with a new coat of paint and new hardware with pretty minimal effort.

The gray paint was purchased a while ago for another nightstand project and the new knobs were ordered from Anthropologie. I primed the nightstands with a spray primer first but made the mistake of using white primer, rather than a dark one. It took three coats of paint to cover up the primer, but that might have also had to do with the fact that I was painting without a lot of light. All's well that ends well though, since they are finished and looking good. Now I just need my hubby to carry them upstairs for me.

I won a pair of cut glass lamps on Ebay and am waiting for them to arrive and things should really come together.

Of course, I am already plotting on making a fabric covered headboard but that might have to wait a while...


Jackie said...

They are super cute! Love the paint and the knobs you picked out. What a transformation!

nasancheyev said...

i LOVE!!!

Rebekah said...

These look great! I love the knobs you chose.

I'm halfway through the girl in the dragon's been great so far. Thanks for recommending it!

donnette fever said...

Sono venuti benissimo!
Kiss, Kiss e Kiss!!!!