Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Have Been Busy, Just Not Blogging, Part 2

I have seen some really great recovered footstools online lately and was busting to try it out. I didn't necessarily need a foot stool in my house so I contacted my very dear friend who have a deep love for designer fabric and worked out a deal. She sent me some extra fabric she had and I recovered a stool I won on ebay for her.

The stool was actually new, but it was the best option I could find at the time and was so easy to recover. I swapped out the fabric, added nail head trim and painted the frame in a high gloss white. For the most part, it was pretty easy, but that nail head trim is brutal on the hands.


It is getting sent off tomorrow to its new home and again, I am hoping for some good action shots (hint, hint)

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

this is beautiful. The nail head trim looks great!

Unknown said...

This is awesome as is all of your amazing work! Question for you - I am inspired by you and want to refabric my dining room chairs. Where can I find some cool upholstery fabric? I can do this right?

How is your baby doing? How is Paso Robles?

Melissa said...

Lynn - you can totally redo your chairs. If they are like mine, just unscrew the seat from underneath to start. If the seats need a little more padding, foam, quilt batting and dacron all work well. There are also great tutorials online to give you some good tips. Check out diyupholstery.com

As for upholstery fabric, I have bought a bunch online since there isn't a great selection around here. Shoot me an email if you want the names of my favorite sites.

The baby is great. Thanks for asking.