Saturday, May 01, 2010

Quick Gifts; or How To Win Over Five Year Old Girls

I made these little presents for my friend to give as gifts to five year old girls. I don't know the girls personally so I had to guess on what they would like. The dolls came from The Black Apple pattern on Martha Stewart's website. They are so fun, easy and quick to make. I need to get some cute stocking fabric rather than using just plain muslin. I am also thinking about how to make little shoes for the next time around.

The faces are painted with fabric paint. They look okay from a distance but I could use some more practice.

I also made two little pencil cases as well. My friend lives in San Francisco so I am sending him to Japantown to buy fun pens, pencils, and stickers as the real treat. When I was little, I used to love little bags, pens and stickers so much. I am hoping the little girls will be excited to open up the bag and find all kinds of cool things to play with.



Please excuse the washed out picture above. I was hustling to get the pictures done before the post office closed.

6 comments:

donnette fever said...

Ciao Melissa, le bambole sono bellissime!
Un bacio Elisa

jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jess said...

They are adorable!! Love the bags too, the girls are going to go crazy over this super cool gift!!!

I loved cool pencils when I was young too!!! Ummm... I still do.. ; )

Rebekah said...

these are so cute!

I was a big pencil and cute office supply fan when I was a kid (still am, in fact)

Heather said...

Those dolls are adorable! And forget pencils - I'd love a bag like that for big girl treats!

fiberdoodles said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! I love them :0)