Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Never Ending WIP

I really don't like having unfinished projects. There is something about it just sitting there, unfinished and taunting me, that makes me feel anxious. Because of this, I usually try to finish things before starting new projects, but sometimes, I bite off more than I can chew.

So with that introduction, allow me to show you all 25 finished blocks I made after participating in a vintage sheet swap on Flikr. I started this right after I received the fat quarters from the swap in May and finally finally finally finished the blocks this afternoon. I am actively avoiding the fact that I now need to add white sashing to the top to finish it and am just enjoying the fact that the blocks are finished.

Here is a close up of one of the blocks. So much piecing but it was really an excellent exercise in precision sewing and patience. I was really careful and used my seam ripper a lot to make the seams line up.

I had two sheets, a blue floral and a pink floral, and used one in each block to create cohesion throughout the blocks.


And I am also considering sending it out to be quilted on a long arm machine. I know, scandalous!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

These blocks are so pretty. I love the large center in each of them. Your corners match up perfectly!

qltmom9 said...

Oh, THAT is SO beautiful! Please, post a pic when it is totally complete. I've been watching for what to do with my vintage sheets from the FQ swap...THAT is it!

Lucy