Sunday, September 14, 2008

More Furniture

So I have the furniture bug. High off of my success recovering my chairs, I picked up an old bench at my local used furniture store. Immediately, I contacted my interior design consultant and she suggested this gorgeous David Hicks fabric. Once the fabric arrived, I took apart the bench only to find that the seat was a mess and was going to require my dormant 8th grade shop class skills. One trip to Home Depot, the loan of a drill and the very patient assistance from David and we have ourselves a new seat to the bench. And I am loving the results.

The bench is going to be used as a coffee table for when we have guests over. I am picturing it topped with a clear acrylic tray. My living room is too small to have a coffee table set out all the time so this is the perfect solution. Once I make a slip cover for the couch, I will post a picture of the room in all of its new decorating glory.

1 comment:

No.35style said...

That looks soo good!