Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Trying Something New
There are some very sweet twins who are about to turn one in a couple of weeks that need birthday presents. I decided to try something new and make them each a doll. Sadly, I ran out of stuffing so I could only finish one; good thing I have a couple of more weeks to get the second one done.
I just made up the pattern for this doll this afternoon and it worked out pretty well. The only thing I would do differently would be to make the arms and legs a little wider for easier stuffing. The face is embroidered because the babies are still so young that I didn't want to risk anything that might get pulled off and could be a choking hazard.
I am not sure how I feel about the face - I think the next face I make will get a little revision. To be honest, I was reluctant to put a lot of time into the embroidery because I did it first and wasn't sure how well the project was going to go over. Hopefully the little girls won't mind the funky eyes.