Sunday, February 08, 2009

A quilt for Julia


Sweet Julia was finally born last week and I got to meet her today. I brought along this quilt for her. It wasn't a real surprise since I had already assured her mother months ago that she would be getting a special quilt.

Since Julia's parents waited until she was born to find out if she was a girl or a boy, I decided to wait too. I wanted fabrics that were nice and bright. I fell hard for the prints with the robots and the planets, especially because they weren't only offered in traditional boy colors. The oranges and yellows make me so happy and I loved being able to work in some blues from my stash as an accent.

Now I jut have to patiently wait for some action shots.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

This quilt is so adorable! I think it's one of my favorites of yours. I just found out that one of my college roommate's is pregnant and due in September. I can't wait to make a quilt for her...I'll have to see if she's going to find the gender.

Anonymous said...

Ooh it's so sweet. I love the texture and the blocks.

jacquie said...

another stunner! great fabrics. totally cute!